Self-care: five love practices
Skincare can be part of a self-care routine: cleaning and massaging your face, hydrating your body or doing a face mask are pleasurable gestures that make you feel good.
However, caring for yourself is much more than a good skincare regimen. It should be on your top priorites to have a routine that empowers you, and that cultivates joy and freedom in your inner world.
Here are some ideas of practices to include in your daily life, that will help improve the way you feel about yourself. Pick one or two, and see how you change within them: it is also a self-discovery journey that hopefully will boost your curiosity. The more you practice, the more you'll want to practice :)
1. Meditation: it reduces stress and anxiety, and it helps develop a positive mood and outlook, self-discipline, and healthy sleep patterns. In case you need a hand or dont knoh hoh to start; theres some great apps that can help you on the journey (I personaly use Headspace but there are others).
2. Laugh: there are endless benefits about laughing: it lowers blood pressure, reduces stress hormones, increases the circulation of antibodies in the blood stream and makes us more resistant to infection. There is a holiness in laughter, as it provides us a moment of grace. Did you know that children laugh on average 200 times a day, while adults only 26 times a day??
3. Nourish your sexual energy: no matter if you are single or dating, taking care of and exploring your sexual energy is very important for your emotional and physical well-being. Giving yourself pleasure, getting to know you and what you like, and being able to communicate it to your partner(s) are things that start with your intimate relationship to your own body. When you have an orgasm, your body gives you a natural high. You release endorphins, hormones that block pain and make you feel good. There are a lot of great erotic podcasts (voxxx in french, dipseastories in english are good ones), social media accounts and books that can acompany you in this journey of connection and discovery.
4. Spend quality time alone: Reading, watching good movies, walking, watching the sky, sitting next to a tree... Looking for simple things that make you feel grateful and joyful nurture the love relationship you should have with yourself. You are the only person that is constantly by your side: pleasing you and taking care of your own feelings and mood are both a pleasure and a personal responsability.
5. Kindness: spreading love and bringing joy to others. Look for opportunities to show the people around you (friends or strangers) they’re special, loved, worthy, and valued. By looking for ways to make others happier, good feelings and vibes will also come to you.